Huawei P9 EVA-L09 users gets official EMUI 5.0 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update. The update is currently under beta stage, so the users might experience some bugs and issues. Google released the final developer preview of Android Nougat for various Nexus and Android One devices and now the Huawei P9 becomes the first non-nexus device to get latest Android updates.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and manually flash it on your Huawei P9 EVA-L09 smartphone to experience all the new and latest features.
Preparations | Download:
- Backup all your existing data to a safe location in order to restore in case of any data loss.
- Maintain a battery level of 80% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update processes.
- Your device should be on latest stock version and doesnâ€™t have root access.
- Make sure to install Hi-Suite or Huawei USB Drivers on PC.
Disclaimer: The following guide works only with Huawei P9 EVA-L09 smartphone, donâ€™t try on any other model. Also proceed at your own interest.
How to Update Huawei P9 EVA-L09 to EMUI 5.0 Android 7.0 Nougat:
1. Download Nougat 7.0 update .zip file from the followingÂ link and extract the same on your computer.Â Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC. Now transfer the extracted file to the dload folder of SD card. (make sure to create dload folder if not existed).
2. Disconnect the device from PC.
3. Enter *#*#2846579#*#* code on dial pad and then you need to select Software Upgrade > SDcard upgrade > OK.
4. Wait till the update process is completed. Once done, reboot the device and start enjoying EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and copy the same to the dload folder of device SD card. Now from phone main settings, choose Update > Menu and then tap on Local update. Now locate and tap on the update.app file and confirm to install. It might takes few minutes till the installation process is completed. So keep patience and wait!