Android 7.0 Nougat update already started rolling out to many smartphones and now the Coolpad Note 3 is the new device to get the Nougat support. The update is still under beta build and currently rolling out via OTA. If you’re one among those users who can’t wait for the OTA update, then here we have simple guide to update Coolpad Note 5 to Android Nougat manually.
The Nougat update on your Note 5 brings several new features like Multiwindow, Doze, Improved Notifications, New Messaging Apps, Seamless update, Vulkan API, and many others.
- This update works only on Coolpad Note 5. Don’t try to install on any other Android device.
- Make sure your device is on stock firmware with stock recovery installed.
- Maintain a battery level of 70-80% to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing process.
- Perform complete backup of your device.
Disclaimer: Follow the steps accordingly otherwise you may brick your device. We should held responsible for any damage occurs to your device.
Guide to update Coolpad Note 5 to Android Nougat:
1. Firstly download Coolpad Note 5 Android Nougat zip file and latest YGDP tool from the above download section.
2. Install and launch the YGDP Tool.
3. As you’re running the tool for the first time, it will ask for password. Enter the password as 9527.
4. Click on Config located at the top left corner and select the .CPB file.
5. Browse .CBP file from Coolpad Note 5 extracted folder and click on Apply.
6. Boot your device into “Bootloader mode” and connect it to PC using a standard USB cable.
7. Tap on Start button to start flashing Nougat ROM on your Coolpad Note 5.
8. Once done with flashing, you’ll see ‘Successful Upgrade’ message on your YGDP Tool.
9. Just reboot your device into normal mode and start enjoying Android 7.0 Nougat on your Coolpad Note 5 smartphone.
In case of any queries or difficulty, do leave a comment below.