BQ Aquaris M5 gets Android 7.1.1 Nougat update via official CyanogenMod 14.1 (CM14.1) ROM. It is a stable ROM which can be easily installed on your Aquaris M5 smartphone. The device was launched running on Lollipop OS out-of-the-box and thereafter company didn’t rolled out any further Android updates. The CM14.1 ROM brings various Nougat features like DND Modes, Google Now on Tap, Battery Optimization, and Security Patch updates.
Before starting the flashing process, make sure you have successfully rooted your BQ Aquaris M5 smartphone and TWRP is installed. Rooting an Android device opens path for flashing custom ROM. So without further ado, follow the below step by step procedure on how to update BQ Aquaris M5 to Android 7.1 Nougat firmware.
If you’re one among those who wanted to experience Android Nougat firmware right away, then do follow the below guide on how to
- The update process is compatible only with BQ Aquaris M5. Don’t try to flash on any other model.
- Battery percentage should be above 50%.
- Backup your device.
- Make sure your device have root access and TWRP recovery installed.
- Enable Developer options and USB Debugging mode on your mobile.
- Install USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROM on your BQ device voids warranty. It may also brick your device if doesn’t followed the steps correctly. Proceed at your own risk.
Install CyanogenMod Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on BQ Aquaris M5
2. Disconnect your mobile from PC.
3. Turn off your BQ handset and boot into TWRP Recovery using appropriate hardware keys (Volume Up + Power Button).
4. Now you need to perform factory reset from the path Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select All Cache Data.
5. Return back to recovery main menu and select ‘Install’. Here you need to choose CM14.1 zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
6. Similarly to the above step, flash GApps .zip on your device. You can also check our guide on how to install flashable .zips on Android devices using TWRP Recovery
7. Once done with installation, reboot your device and start enjoying Android 7.1 Nougat Update on your BQ Aquaris M5.
Any queries? Drop a comment below. We’ll get back with most possible outcomes.