Huawei Mate 9 is the company latest flagship smartphone which packs with top specs like 5.9-inch FHD display, Octa-Core Huawei Kirin CPU, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage and 20-MP rear facing camera. It has dual SIM support and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.0 on top. If you are one of the owner of Huawei Mate 9 and wanted to get root access, then your wait is completed. Here we have complete steps which lets you root Mate 9 [MHA-L29/ L09/ AL00/ TL01] and install TWRP recovery.
Before starting with the flashing process, ensure you have fulfilled with all the below pre-requisites. If not, then do it right now. Also how to root honor 8 & install TWRP recovery
- Perform full backup of all your important data on Mate 9. (Complete guide)
- Download and install USB Drivers on PC.
- Ensure bootloader of Mate 9 is unlocked.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from the path Settings > Developer options.
- Battery level on your mobile should be maintained to at least 70% or more to avoid unnecessary power-off between the flashing process.
Disclaimer: Installing TWRP Recovery and rooting Huawei Mate 9 voids company warranty. So, completely proceed at your own risk.
How to install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 9 on Android 7.0 Nougat
Follow the step by step guide carefully to flash TWRP Recovery and root Huawei Mate 9 smartphone.
Install TWRP on Huawei Mate 9:
1. Download TWRP Recovery file from the link HERE and rename it to “recovery.img”. Copy the file and paste it inside the Fastboot folder.
2. Now from the Fastboot folder launch command window by pressing and holding the shift key and right click anywhere in the folder and then choose Open Command window here.
3. Take a USB cable and connect the Mate 9 with PC.
4. Now you need to give the following commands one after another.
It is the command to confirm whether the device have a valid connection with PC or not.
adb reboot bootloader
It is the command which boots your device into Fastboot Mode or Bootloader Mode.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This command starts flashing TWRP recovery on your device.
5. With the above command, you have successfully flashed TWRP recovery on your Mate 9. Now let’s start the rooting process.
Root Huawei Mate 9
1. Download SuperSU.zip file from the following link and save on your device storage.
2. Boot your Huawei device into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, firstly turn off your mobile and then press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons together.
3. From recovery main menu, select Install and choose the .zip file which you have saved to device storage in the above step. Swipe to confirm and flash the package.
4. Reboot and confirm the root status using Root Checker application.
So that’s the simple guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 9 via SuperSU. For more such flashing tutorial, do visit our Android section.