Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925W8 is one of the finest flagship from the South Korean giant, Samsung. The device already upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware which brings the build number MMB29K. If youâ€™re one among the users who really fed-up with the company applications and wanted to free phone memory by removing all those applications, then the rooting is the right choice. Galaxy S6 users can easily gain root access with the help of Odin software.
The following is the simple guide to Root Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925W8 Marshmallow smartphone.
Disclaimer: Rooting Galaxy S6 Edge voids your company warranty. You may also brick your device if doesnâ€™t followed the steps correctly. So, proceed at your own interest.
- Make sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your computer.
- The process works only with Galaxy S6 Edge on Marshmallow 6.0.1 and build number MMB29K.G925W8VLU3CPC5.
- There will be no data loss. If you want, you can perform complete backup.
- Maintain at least 50% battery on your device before starting the rooting process.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled.
Root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925W8:
1. Download root .zip package and extract the same on your computer.
2. Switch of the phone and boot into download mode. To do so, you need to press and hold Volume Down, Home, and Power button at the same time about 6-8 seconds.
3. In the download mode, you will see a Waning Yellow Triangle Sign. Just press Volume Up button to proceed further.
4. Now from the extracted files, you need to run the Odin software and connect the device with PC.
5. Once the device is successfully connected, you will see an â€œAddedâ€ message in the Odin software.
6. Then you need to tap on PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file.
7. Once selected, locate the â€˜Startâ€™ button and tap on it to begin the flashing process.
8. This usually takes about 30-60 seconds to complete the rooting procedure. Once completed, youâ€™ll see a big green color Pass message which confirms that the Galaxy S6 Edge has been successfully rooted.
9. Disconnect the device from PC.
10. After rebooting the device into normal mode, you will find SuperSU app installed in your device. Use the Root Checker app to confirm the root access.
11. Thatâ€™s the simple guide to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925W8 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware.
For any queries, do leave a comment below.