Xiaomi Mi Mix users will be happy to hear that the company has started rolling out its first Global Stable update. It brings the version v220.127.116.11.MAHMIDL and is about 1466MB (Recovery ROM) in size. MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM is the major upgrade from the Xiaomi which is currently rolling out to several other devices including the Mi Note 2, Mi Max, Redmi 3/Prime, Mi 4, and more.
Here, in this post we have shared complete tutorial on how to flash MIUI 8.2 Recovery/Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Mi Mix smartphone. It is a simple guide where users need to download the MIUI 8.2 ROM and install it using Updater app. Without much wasting time, do follow the steps one after another to update Mi Mix to MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM.
Note: Please do backup important data before flashing. If you flash from Developer ROM to Stable ROM, please wipe all data, otherwise, it might cause serious incompatible issues like FC, no network, etc.
Disclaimer: Gizmo Loud is not responsible for any damage occurs to your device which is uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly. Always continue at your own risk.
How to install MIUI 8.2 Global Stable ROM on Mi Mix
There are three simple ways to install latest MIUI 8.2 update on your Xiaomi Mi Mix smartphone. Find the one which is most suitable for you –
Method 1: Install MIUI 8.2 Recovery ROM via Recovery Mode
1. Download MIUI 8.2 Global Stable Recovery ROM from the above download section and save it to root of the device storage. Make sure you have renamed the ROM file as “update.zip”.
2. Under tools folder of your Mi Mix device, locate Updater app and launch on your mobile.
3. Tap on the three dots located at the top right corner and choose “Reboot to Recovery Mode”.
4. Now the smartphone boots into Mi Recovery.
5. From recovery main menu, choose Install update.zip to System and confirm the flash.
6. Once done, reboot your device.
Check the firmware version from the path Settings > About phone. You’ll notice the MIUI version as MIUI 18.104.22.168 which indicates that the ROM has been successfully flashed.
Method 2: Via Mi Updater App
Download MIUI 8.2 ROM from the above link and save it on your device storage. Launch Updater app from the app drawer. Tap on the three dots located at the top right corner and select “choose update package” from the available options. You need to navigate the rom file which you have copied to device storage. Confirm to start the installation process. Once done, the Mi Mix automatically boots into MIUI 8.2 firmware.
Method 3: Mi Flash tool
It is the method exclusively for flashing fastboot rom on your Xiaomi device. This method is mainly followed when your device bricks or any of the above method doesn’t works for you. Make sure the device is well charged enough and the USB Debugging is enabled.
1. Download & install Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
2. Download MIUI 8.2 fastboot ROM from the above provided links.
3. Boot your device into fastboot mode (press & hold volume down + power button) and connect it with PC using a USB cable.
4. Copy the ROM folder address to the Mi Flash tool and then click on “Refresh” button. Now, the tool automatically recognizes your device.
5. Once the device is displayed on your PC, simply tap on “Flash” button to start the flashing process. Now you need to wait till the progress bar turns-out completely green indicating that the firmware has been successfully flashed.
That’s it! You have successfully upgraded your Xiaomi Mi Mix smartphone. Do help your friends on upgrading their respective smartphone by sharing the post on Facebook, twitter, etc.
If you face any kind of issues during or after the installation process, do let us know via below comments as we’re always there to help you out.