Every Android user who likes modding their device, trying various custom firmware, custom recoveries, root their smartphone, and wanted to unlock bootloader, then few special drivers called â€œADB and Fastbootâ€ are to be setup on your Windows. These will give the users complete control over their Android device. If youâ€™re new to Android & doesnâ€™t know how to Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Windows, then need not to worry as here we have the complete step-by-step tutorial.
What is ADB and Fastboot:
ADB and Fastboot are the small packages found in Android Software Development Kit (Android SDK). ABD is the tool to communicate with the device using the appropriate commands while the Fastboot helps to reflash partition on your device. Related download USB Drivers for Windows & Mac
Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Windows:
There are two methods which can be followed to setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on windows 10/8/7, and XP. First method is the 15 Sec ADB installer and the second one is Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Both the methods are explained briefly in the below steps.
Method 1: Install ADB and fastboot driver on Windows with 15 sec ADB installer
1. Firstly you need to download ADB Installer package from the following links.
2. Next you need to runs the Exe file adb-setup-1.3.exe.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and then type â€˜Yâ€™ to install the ADB and fastboot driver.
4. Once done, again type â€˜Yâ€™ in the command window. This time it will install device drivers.
5. The command window closes automatically once the drivers are installed. Thatâ€™s it! You have successfully installed ADB and fastboot drivers on Windows PC using 15 sec ADB installer method.
Method 2: Install ADB and fastboot on Windows with Minimal ADB and Fastboot
1. Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot package.
2. Runs the file minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.3.1.exe.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions and choose the location where these Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers are to be installed.
4. Now you have successfully setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Windows computer.
Check ADB and Fastboot Installation:
To check whether the ADB and Fastboot drivers are properly installed on your windows PC, open the Android SDK tool folder and then platform-tools folder. Now here hold the shift key and then right click anywhere in the folder. From the various options, tap on open command window here and give the command: â€˜adb devicesâ€™. Here you will see the list of connected devices to PC. Make sure USB Debugging option is enabled on your smartphone in order to be recognised by PC.
These were the simple methods to Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on Windows. If you have any queries or struck in between the installation process, do comment below as we will respond with most possible outcomes.