Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY now can be manually upgraded to officially Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware using Odin software. Though the update is currently rolling out via OTA, many users canâ€™t wait and wanted to experience right now. As of now, the update is only available for Galaxy On5 users in India. So without much wasting time, do check out the below pre-requisites and then weâ€™ll directly take you to the step by step guide to Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow ROM.
- This method is only for Galaxy On5 (SM-G550FY) Indian variant. Donâ€™t try on any other model.
- You device should be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging from settings.
- Though the update process is free from data loss, it is highly advisable to backup all your data to a safe location.
- Maintain a battery level of 70% or more in order to avoid unnecessary power-off between the update procedures.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Do follow the below update process carefully otherwise you may brick your smartphone. We should held responsible for any damage occurs to your device.
Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow firmware:
1. Download Marshmallow firmware and Odin software from the above download section and unzip the same on your computer.
2. Run the Odin tool on your PC.
3. Now boot your Galaxy device into download mode (turn off and press Home + Vol Down buttons) and connect it with PC.
4. After a valid connection, the ID:COM port in the Odin tool turns blue and it also shows Added message.
5. Then you need to add the firmware .tar file to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
6. Ensure to tick the following options, â€œAuto Rebootâ€ and â€œF.Reset Timeâ€ on your Odin tool.
7. Finally you need to tap on â€˜Startâ€™ button to begin the flashing process. Once done, youâ€™ll see Green Color â€˜Passâ€™ message on the screen.
Thatâ€™s it! You have successfully updated Galaxy On5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware. Do share the post with your friends and let them enjoy the latest firmware on their respective Galaxy On5.
Any issues or queries, drop a comment below.