As we all know, Android Nougat is the latest version of the Google’s mobile operating system and many of the Nexus & other company’s flagship smartphone users already received the update. Galaxy J7 is one of the popular launches of the Samsung which runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. The company already announced its Nougat plans for its range of ‘J’ & ‘C’ series smartphones. Of all the models, the Galaxy J7 is one among the list scheduled to get Android 7.0 Nougat update in Q3/Q4 2017. Still it’s plenty of time left for the release of Galaxy J7 Nougat update.
Those who can’t wait for the official update and wanted to experience the ROM right away, then do follow the below steps to download Android 7.1.1 Nougat Lineage Unofficial ROM and flash on your Galaxy J7 smartphone. As the ROM is still under development, users may face some bugs and issues. Also download Samsung Galaxy A5 Android 7.1 Nougat update
- The following update guide is only for Samsung Galaxy J7 with model numbers SM-700F, SM-J700H, and SM-J700M. Don’t try on any other Android device.
- Your device should be rooted and TWRP recovery installed.
- Battery percentage should be above 50%.
- Backup your device.
- Enable USB Debugging mode from Settings.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom ROMs voids company warranty. It may also brick your smartphone if doesn’t follow the steps accordingly. So, we should not be responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the process. Continue at your own interest.
How to Install Samsung Galaxy J7 Lineage Nougat Unofficial OS 7.1 ROM
1. Download Galaxy J7 Lineage ROM from here to your computer.
2. Transfer the ROM file to device storage using a standard USB cable.
3. Switch off your mobile and boot into recovery mode using appropriate hardware combination keys (Volume Up + Home + Power Button).
4. Now you’ll be into recovery main menu. Select Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select All Cache Data.
Note: You need to wipe system data if you use stock rom and other custom rom, ignore if you’re already on Lineage rom.
5. Once done, go back to recovery main menu and choose ‘Install’. Here you need to select the Lineage ROM .zip file which you have save to device memory in step 2.
6. Reboot! That’s it! You have successfully installed Lineage Nougat ROM on your Galaxy J7. You can check the firmware version from the path Settings > About > Version.
7. Similarly download compatible GApps zip file and flash it through recovery mode.
If you’ve any queries relating to the above flashing process, do comment below as we’re always there to help you out.