Samsung Galaxy A5 is one of the Galaxy A series smartphone eligible for official Android Nougat OTA update. There is no exact date when the company will release Nougat OTA update for Galaxy A5, but the reports suggest somewhere in the early second half of 2017. There is still plenty of time for the official rollout. But if you’re one among those user who can’t wait for the update and wanted to experience the Nougat firmware right away, then here we have simple tutorial on how to update Galaxy A5 to Nougat 7.1 via unofficial Lineage ROM.
Simply users need to download the ROM package and flash via TWRP recovery. Once the custom ROM is flashed, users will no longer receive OTA updates. Again to get eligible for OTA updates, the Stock ROM should be flashed manually.
- The following update process is compatible with Galaxy A5 with model numbers as follows – A500F (Global), A500FU (Europe), A500M (Peru, Colombia), A500Y (Australia, New Zealand), A500YZ (Taiwan), A500F1/A500K/A500S (Korea), and A500FQ (Turkey). Don’t try on any other model.
- Battery level should be maintained to at least 75% or more.
- Galaxy A5 should have root access and TWRP recovery installed.
- Backup all your important data to safe location.
- Enable USB Debugging on your mobile.
- Install USB Drivers on your PC.
Disclaimer: Gizmo Loud should not be held responsible for any damage occurs to your device during or after the flashing process which is very uncertain if you follow the steps accordingly. Continue at your own interest.
How to Install Samsung Galaxy A5 Lineage Nougat OS 7.1 Unofficial ROM
1. Download Galaxy A5 Lineage Nougat ROM on your computer.
2. Take a USB cable and connect the device with PC. Now copy the ROM package to internal memory of your smartphone.
3. Disconnect the device and boot into TWRP recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power Button together.
4. From Recovery main menu, you need to Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
5. Return to Home of TWRP recovery and tap on Install. Here you need to select Lineageos.zip file which you have copied to device memory in step 2.
6. Confirm the flash.
7. Similarly download Nougat 7.1 GApps and flash on your Galaxy A5.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy A5 to Android 7.1 Nougat firmware. For any queries, drop a comment below.