After updating Galaxy S5, Galaxy A9 and Galaxy S5 Plus smartphones to Marshmallow firmware, Samsung now has started rolling the same Android 6.0.1 update for Galaxy J5 SM-J500F. It is an OTA pdate and currently released in a phase wise manner. Many Galaxy J5 SM-J500F users may have already received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update. But there are also users who are still waiting for the update to hit their respective devices. These users need not to worry as we here have shared the direct download link and manually flashing guide of Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy J5 SM-J500F.
Before starting the flashing process, do have a look at the below prerequisites â€“
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your device. If not, enable from settings.
- The following flashing guide works only with Galaxy J5 (SM-J500F). Donâ€™t try on any other model.
- Install USB Drivers on PC.
- Maintain a battery level of 70% or more.
- Backup all your important data before starting the flashing process.
- Do follow the steps accordingly otherwise you may brick your device. We should not held responsible for any damage occurs to your device.
Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers
Galaxy J5 SM-J500F Marshmallow ROM
How to update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware
1. Firstly download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM for Galaxy J5 and Odin software on you PC. Also unzip both the packages.
2. Run the Odin.exe file on your PC.
3. Boot your device into Download mode by pressing and holding â€˜Power + Home + Vol Downâ€™ buttons and then connect it with PC using a USB cable.
4. Now you will see that the ID:COM port turns blue and shows Added message in the Odin software. This indicates that the device has been successfully connected with PC.
5. If the device still doesnâ€™t shows on ODIN, make sure USB drivers are properly installed and the USB cable is not broken.
6. Next you need to add the firmware â€˜.tarâ€™ file to the AP/PDA tab.
7. Ensure you have ticked â€œAuto rebootâ€ and â€œF.Reset Timeâ€ on you Odin.
8. Tap on â€˜Startâ€™ to begin the flashing process. Once done youâ€™ll see Green Color â€œPassâ€ message on Odin screen.
9. Done! Check the software version from the path Settings > About phone. You will find it as Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
How well the guide works in updating the Samsung Galaxy J5 to Marshmallow official firmware. Do let us know in the below comments.